The second XI faced promotion chasing rivals Indian Gymkhana at Tivoli road, the game was crucial for both sides as only a few points separated them and the winners would move into second. Hornsey bowled first and did so brilliantly, bowling them out for 148 in 46 overs with the aid of some superb fielding. Nii-Amaa Ollennu and Richard McDermott opened the bowling with great control and limited them to very few bad balls picking up a wicket apiece in their opening spells. The tight bowling continued throughout, with Adrian Fawden being the pick of the bowlers, conceding only 19 runs in his 12 overs whilst picking up 5 wickets.

Richard McDermott 15-4-37-3

Nii-Amaa Ollennu 7-4-10-1

Casey Marsh 6-0-31-0

Adrian Fawden 12-4-19-5

Bishal Bidduth 6-0-32-1

At the halfway stage we were clear favourites to chase down the measly total with ease. However a poor batting performance meant we were unable to get close to the target, severely denting our promotion hopes in the process. We slumped to 24-4 after 13 overs and from then on, never looked close to getting the target. Only Casey Marsh [30] Oliver Peppiatt [21] and Nii-Amaa Ollennu [18] made any reasonable contributions as we were bowled out for an extremely disappointing 124. Consequently we have now slipped to 5th in the league whilst Indian Gymkhana climbed up into second, a hugely disheartening result considering how well we performed with the ball and in the field.

Our first XI travelled to Eastcote who sit at the foot of the table, a win was needed to keep our momentum in pushing for promotion. Eastcote batted first and posted 237 in 53 overs, this was about par on ground with small straight boundaries and a decent track. Bhasker Patel was the pick of the bowlers taking 4 wickets, whilst Jack Bruce and Joe Emanuel both contributed with 2 wickets apiece. In reply, our top order failed as we found ourselves reeling at 26-3, however a tremendous knock from Joe Emanuel brought us right back into contention. Joe scored 97 and nearly carried us home, but when he fell we had to settle for a winning for a winning draw as we finished on 220-9 off 47 overs.

The third XI faced a tough ask facing Shepherds Bush who sit at the top of the table. We batted first and were bowled out for 146, with only skipper Tim Waine holding the innings together with 50. They chased the runs down with relative ease in 39th over with the loss of only 3 wickets. The result means we slip back to the foot of the table, 2 points from safety.

The fourth XI welcomed a club legend into their side in Johnny Bruce who came out of retirement to face Kenton. We bowled first, with Johnny bowling 25 overs non stop from one end, taking 4-47 it’s like he’s never been away. Kenton finished on 186-7 off their 50. In reply we were always well behind the 8-ball, and it took the rear-guard action of Johnny Bruce and 14 year old Aiden Garske to prevent them getting all 10 points as we finished on 47-9.

We hosted Enfield in Sunday’s MDL quarter final, Enfield put us into bat after winning the toss. We never looked back as we scored at a healthy rate throughout, posting 262 all out in 40 overs. Ben Waine smashed it about for 76, while Bishal Bidduth and Daniel Marshall more than ably supported with 47 and 38 respectively. Having set such an imposing target, it was always going to be difficult for Enfield, however they made a good effort of it reaching 225-8 off their 40. Robert Devenney took 2 wickets, whilst Jack Bruce, Ben Waine and Casey Marsh took 1 apiece. A convincing win and onto the semi-final.