The first XI travelled to Wycombe House in search of their first league win in 5 outings, it was important to try and get a result and gather some momentum to finish the year strongly. Wycombe House won the toss and elected to bat first, on a turning pitch we thankfully welcomed Bhaskar Patel back who led from the front with the ball. Bhaskar managed to get turn and bounce from the surface and bowled almost continuously from one end. He was well supported from the other end by seamers Les Edwards, Arthur George, Jack Bruce and Habib Younis. It was a strong bowling performance all round as their innings never got going, finishing 148 all out in 51.4 overs.

Bhaskar Patel 26-6-56-5

Les Edwards 4-1-10-2

Arthur George 7.4-2-17-2

Jack Bruce 7-2-15-0

Habib Younis 8-0-20-1

With our recent batting woes it was a pleasing to see how comfortably Tayo Walbrugh and James Bull set about the chase, it looked as though the two of them were going to knock it off themselves until James Bull fell for 40. Eventually we knocked it off in 29.2 overs completing a comprehensive win. Tayo made 77 and skipper Garfield Struthers 18*.

At Tivoli Road the second XI entertained Kenton who sit the near the foot of the table. Despite this, we found ourselves 30-2 batting first on a slow track. This brought Tom Lytle and Ben Miller together and they put on 158 in 31 overs in a superb partnership. The two colts began by playing carefully and accumulating whenever possible without taking on too many risks, however as they got into their stride boundaries became more and more regular. The partnership came to an end when Ben Miller was bowled for 61 having batted beautifully, meanwhile at the other end Tom Lytle was approaching his maiden Hornsey hundred. He reached it the next over before being caught in the deep. This triggered a succession of batsmen falling whilst trying to increase the run rate as we limped to 211-9 after 50 overs and decided to declare.

Kenton began their chase in an aggressive manner, throwing the bat at everything, they reached 33 in the 6th over before Nii-Amaa Ollennu struck. Spin from George Everitt and Adrian Fawden was introduced shortly after the first breakthrough, amd with that came wickets at regular intervals and a slowing of the run rate. Kenton reached 112-6 after 34 before they gave up on the run chase, scoring a lacklustre 29 runs in the next 16 overs. They finished 141-7 after 50 giving us a comfortable winning draw.

Nii-Amaa Ollennu 10-1-38-2

Adrian Fawden 12-7-21-2

George Everitt 14-3-40-2

Bishal Bidduth 7-3-18-1

Richard McDermott 4-3-2-0


The third XI were away to Brondesbury on a very unpredictable pitch, and having restricted them to 130 all out, would have been happy with their performance in the field. The damage with the ball was done by Oscar Wood and Nick Corbett who took 4 wickets apiece. However our batting once again let us down as we only managed a measly 83, Callum Barry offering the only resistance with 29 including a few lusty blows.

The fourth XI hosted Wembley at Hurst Avenue, who after electing to bat made a very competitive score of 240. Richard Charlton rolled back the years, leading our chase with a well made 73, helped along the way by Niraj Parma who made 49 and Flynn Thompson who made 42. Our valiant effort came up just short as we finished on 223-8.

Again there was no MDL fixture on Sunday.