Policy on the use of changing rooms and shower facilities
The following guidelines are based on those provided by the ECB.
These guidelines apply to adults, and children, sharing changing facilities.
• Adults must not change, or shower, at the same time using the same facility as children
• Adults should try to change at separate times to children during matches, for example when children are padding up
If adults and children need to share a changing facility, the club must have consent from parents that their child(ren) can share a changing room with adults in the club
• If children play for adult teams, they, and their parents, must be informed of the club’s policy on changing arrangements
• Mixed gender teams must have access to separate male and female changing rooms
• Mobile phones must not be used in changing rooms
If children are uncomfortable changing or showering at the club, no pressure should be placed on them to do so. Instead they change and shower at home.
Any concerns regarding the above should be raised to the team manager, captain or Club Welfare Officer.
Written June 2014
Reviewed September 2017